Embassies & Foreign Missions Challenge Cup
PRESENTED BY: HKETO
Away from your country, working in a foreign land, surrounded by new sites, new sounds, new places. Why not try a new sport too! Bond with your coworkers and work together to show your patriotic spirit in our Embassies & Foreign Missions Challenge Cup. Be part of an international fleet of boats racing for national pride to claim the cup.
The Embassies & Foreign Missions Challenge Cup races are designed to increase competition among teams whose members work for embassies or foreign missions, or immigrant services or associated community associations.
Past Participants include:
Teams outside North America: FREE
- Entry into the Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival from June 20-23, 2019 (racing on June 22-23)
- Two team practices with certified coaches
- Opportunity for top fundraising teams to qualify to race in the Charity Challenge Cup
- Access to free concert series and onsite activities
- Opportunity to compete in various community and corporate divisions
- Team site to hang out between races; decorate to have fun or promote your business/organization
- Invitation for all team members to the Opening Ceremony and Parade of Champions
- Entry into team t-shirt, team site and team spirit competitions
- All equipment provided (boats, paddles, PFDs)
Mixed - must race with a minimum of 8 female paddlers.
Women - must race with all female paddlers, but can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
Open - teams are often comprised of primarily male paddlers, but females may also paddle. Open teams can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
- Team Registration
- Team Login
- Important Resources
- Create & Manage a Team
- Challenge Cups
- Race Format & Schedule
- Tim Hortons Team Area
- Individual Registration
- Race Results
- Rideau CrossFit
- LoknCharge Lockers