Building & Development Challenge Cup
PRESENTED BY: MINTO
Whether you are hard at work on a construction site, busy drawing up floor plans for a family’s new home, or expanding Ottawa's light rail transit, the Building & Development Challenge Cup is for you. Put down your hammer (or pencil) and pick up a paddle, take a break from building our community to building a team and proving that you are Ottawa's top builder! The festival is a great way to come together to strengthen your team on the water and on site.
Past participants in the Building & Development Challenge Cup have represented companies who are involved in construction, project development, engineering consultants and building materials.
Past Participants include:
Hobins Arc (Hobin Architecture Incorporated)
Valecraft Velocity (Valecraft Homes)
Kott Lumber Royals (Kott Lumber)
Bluff Body Drag-ons (Gradient Wind Engineering Inc)
Black & McDonald Neons (Black & McDonald Limited)
Paterson Paterlers (Paterson Group)
Ready Oar Knot (Colliers and Tiree JV)
Modern Niagara Rocks and Rows (Modern Niagara)
Ottawa Dragon Boat Transit (Ottawa Light Rail Transit Constructors)
Cardel Waking it Easy (Cardel)
WSP Conquer-oars (WSP Canada Inc.)
Minto Framing Dragons (Minto)
MH Iron Oars (Morrison Hershfield)
JLR Dragons (J.L. Richards & Associates Limited)
Hanscomb Hooligans (Hanscomb Limited)
Team Rate: $1400
Out of Town Rate: $995 *Outside 100km radius of Ottawa
Individual Rate: Cost determined by team paddling with.
Early Bird Rate: $1300 (50 spots available)
Teams registered in the following divisions: $850 (25 spots available)
Teams outside North America: FREE
- Entry into the Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival
- Two team practices with certified coaches
- Opportunity for top fundraising teams to qualify to race in the Charity Challenge Cup
- Access to free concert series and onsite activities
- Opportunity to compete in various community and corporate divisions
- Team site to hang out between races; decorate to have fun or promote your business/organization
- Invitation for all team members to the Opening Ceremony and Parade of Champions
- Entry into team t-shirt, team site and team spirit competitions
- All equipment provided (boats, paddles, PFDs)
Mixed - must race with a minimum of 8 female paddlers.
Women - must race with all female paddlers, but can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
Open - teams are often comprised of primarily male paddlers, but females may also paddle. Open teams can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
Teams may be comprised of 16-20 paddlers, 1 drummer, 1 steersperson and up to 6 spares (maximum roster of 28).