Women's Challenge Cups
At the Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival we are very proud of the accomplishments of our women’s division! Whether you are in your first year on the water, working to beat your personal best to make it to that coveted A Final, or a club team representing Ottawa and Canada at the World Championships!
Our total number of women’s teams has continued to grow and bring the level of competition to its best ever! Teams of educators, healthcare professionals, a group of moms, an amazing team of physicians (who also like to fundraise!), and friends who like to party and paddle together.
Whether your team is new to the sport or have been paddling for years there’s a spot for you!
Women’s Challenge Cup Divisions:
RECREATIONAL WOMEN – Women’s teams new to the sport or only practice a few times per season.
INTERMEDIATE WOMEN – Experienced women's teams who participate in other festivals and practice 5-10 times per season.
COMPETITIVE WOMEN – Women's teams who participate in multiple festivals, often finish in top 30 and/or practice 10+ times per season.
SUE HOLLOWAY CUP – DBC / SPORT DIVISION WOMEN – Teams who are registered members of Dragon Boat Canada.
Recreational Women Past Participants include:
Intermediate Women Past Participants include:
Competitive Women Past Participants include:
Teams outside North America: FREE
- Entry into the Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival from June 20-23, 2019 (racing on June 22-23)
- Two team practices with certified coaches
- Opportunity for top fundraising teams to qualify to race in the Charity Challenge Cup
- Access to free concert series and onsite activities
- Opportunity to compete in various community and corporate divisions
- Team site to hang out between races; decorate to have fun or promote your business/organization
- Invitation for all team members to the Opening Ceremony and Parade of Champions
- Entry into team t-shirt, team site and team spirit competitions
- All equipment provided (boats, paddles, PFDs)
Women - must race with all female paddlers, but can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
- Team Registration
- Team Login
- Important Resources
- Create & Manage a Team
- Challenge Cups
- Race Format & Schedule
- Tim Hortons Team Area
- Individual Registration
- Rideau CrossFit
- Race Results
- LoknCharge Lockers