Pride Challenge Cup
The first 2SLGBTQ+ dragon boat division in Canada is the place to be! Looking for a new way to meet people, have some fun while working together with members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community and supporters? Be creative and have fun vying for our best decorated team site and team spirit awards, oh and watch out for some fierce competition on the water too!
Past Participants include:
Vintage Queers (Ottawa Senior Pride Network)
Ship Storm DBC
Rainbow Warriors (Ottawa Senior Pride Network)
Toronto's One Gorgeous Boat (Rusty Dragons Adventures)
Team Rate: $1400
Out of Town Rate: $995 *Outside 100km radius of Ottawa
Individual Rate: Cost determined by team paddling with.
Early Bird Rate: $1300 (50 spots available)
Teams registered in the following divisions: $850 (25 spots available)
Teams outside North America: FREE
- Entry into the Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival
- Two team practices with certified coaches
- Opportunity for top fundraising teams to qualify to race in the Charity Challenge Cup
- Access to free concert series and onsite activities
- Opportunity to compete in various community and corporate divisions
- Team site to hang out between races; decorate to have fun or promote your business/organization
- Invitation for all team members to the Opening Ceremony and Parade of Champions
- Entry into team t-shirt, team site and team spirit competitions
- All equipment provided (boats, paddles, PFDs)
Mixed - must race with a minimum of 8 female paddlers.
Women - must race with all female paddlers, but can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
Open - teams are often comprised of primarily male paddlers, but females may also paddle. Open teams can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
Teams may be comprised of 16-20 paddlers, 1 drummer, 1 steersperson and up to 6 spares (maximum roster of 28).