The docks area is one of the busiest and most important areas on site. These volunteers will be interacting with all of our paddler teams. Assisting the paddlers, keeping things moving, and cheering on the teams will help ensure that the races are on time, and everyone is having a great experience.
Responsibilities of the Docks Volunteers
- Assist in directing team participants through the team areas
- Load and unload participants from Dragon Boats before and after each race
- Prepare and organize teams for exit gate
- Help keep races on schedule
- Team counts, check for wristbands, check paddles for certified sticker
- Ensure paddles and PFDs belonging to the festival are not taken out of the staging area (some people will be using their own; those owned by dragon boat will have “GWN” written on them)
- Ensure the site remains free from litter
Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival, officially joined IDBP (International Dragon Boat Professional L ...Read more...