Broken Social Scene, nominated for Group of the Year at this Sunday's Juno Awards. With the J ...Read more...
Create & Manage A Team
Step 1: Who’s in the boat?
• You will need 16-20 paddlers, a steersperson and a drummer
• A person may be a member of and race for only ONE team per category (the categories are WOMEN, OPEN & MIXED).
• Mixed teams must race with a minimum of 8 female paddlers.
• All women’s teams must have ALL female paddlers, but may have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
• Open teams are often comprised of primarily male paddlers, but females may also paddle. Open teams may have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
• A steersperson and/or drummer may paddle for one team and may steer/drum for more than one team. Teams may hire a steersperson and/or drummer from the Rideau Canoe Club.
• If you need help filling spots in your boat please contact our office for a list of spares who are interested in joining a team.
Step 2: Who’s in charge?
• Every dragon boat team has three admin roles to fill - we recommend assigning these roles to different individuals to help in the success of your team.
• Team Captain – registers the team and liaises with the festival office; has access to updating team roster, communicates with team about scheduling practice times, attends Team Captain’s Meeting, reviews rules and relays festival weekend race schedule.
• Team Manager – has access to team roster and can help share administrative duties with Team Captain.
• Pledge Captain – communicates with team about the race happening OFF the water - the Pledge Challenge! Teams compete against each other to fundraise for local charities. Top teams and individuals receive prizing, an extra race AND bragging rights!
Step 3: The Admin Stuff
• Team Captains will add names and email addresses to online roster.
• Team members will receive an email with their login info which they can use to complete their registration. If a team member does not have an email address they must submit a manual waiver to the festival office. Manual waivers can be downloaded here.
Step 4: Hit the Water!
• All teams will receive two FREE practices with a qualified coach in June, before the festival.
• Additional practices may be booked through the Rideau Canoe Club.
Step 5: Paddles Up!
• All mixed and women’s teams will race two 500m races on Saturday.
• The top 75 mixed teams and top 32 women's teams will advance to Sunday where they will compete in three additional races – a 200m, 100m and 500m.
Step 6: Take it Away!
• Have fun – paddle hard – support your community – enjoy everything the festival has to offer!
- Team Registration
- Team Login
- Important Resources
- Create & Manage a Team
- Challenge Cups
- Race Format & Schedule
- Tim Hortons Team Area
- Individual Registration
- CCWC Teams
- Race Results
FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES 2018 LINEUP FEATURING HEADLINERS SAM ROBERTS BAND (21ST), BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE (22ND), WINTERSLEEP AND HOLLERADO (23RD), AND MATT MAYS (24TH)
The Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival returns June 21 to 24 for its 25th Anniversary. High ...Read more...