The 24th Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival will take place June 22-25, 2017 at Mooney's Bay Park. Racing takes place June 24th and 25th.
2017 Registration Fees:
Early Bird: $1300 (+HST = $1469) - Available to first 50 teams to register and pay by December 31st, 2016
Regular: $1400 (+HST = $1582)
Out of Town: $995 (+HST = $1124.35) – Available to teams from outside 100km radius of Ottawa
- All equipment (boats, paddles, PFDs) for all team members
- Two practices with certified coaches
- Team site in the Athletes Village; decorate to have fun or promote your business/organization
- Entry into the Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival (racing on June 25/26, 2016)
- Opportunity to be a part of a community event giving back to local charities
Mixed - must race with a minimum of 8 and maximum of 10 paddlers of each gender (does not include steersperson/drummer).
Women - must have all female paddlers, but can have a male drummer and/or steersperson.
Open - often comprised of primarily male paddlers, but females may also paddle on the team as well. Open teams can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
Teams may be comprised of 14 to 20 paddlers, 1 drummer, 1 steersperson and up to 6 spares (maximum total of 28).