There are four bar locations in the festival grounds: Hillside Bar, The Cabin, The Oasis, and Paddler’s Paradise. Bar Services duties are broken up into three positions: Cashiers, Pourers, and Servers. All Bar Service Volunteers will be required to check into the shifts with their supervisor 15 minutes before their scheduled start time.
- *All Cashiers MUST be SmartServe Certified*
- Carry out duties as instructed by the Bar Supervisor or Area Leader
- Check and issue valid ID bracelets to patrons purchasing alcoholic beverages
- Enforce limit of two alcoholic beverages per patron at any given time
- Handle money and monitor cash box as necessary (never leave cash box unattended; please request/make change from cash box as needed)
- Voice any SmartServe violations to Supervisor – whether from a staff, patron, or volunteer.
- *Pourers DO NOT require SmartServe*
- Prepare beer can orders for servers
- Pour coolers/wine only after payment has been confirmed
- Restock bar area as supplies run low (alert supervisor if busy)
- Maintain a tidy bar area throughout shift and responsible for it’s cleanliness at the end of each shift
- Minimize number of alcoholic beverages left behind and forgotten (loose drinks)
- Lock up all alcoholic products when not in use
- *Servers DO NOT require SmartServe*
- Hand drinks to customers once cashier confirms payment
- Draw attention of supervisor or cashier in event of SmartServe infraction
- Monitor intoxication level in patrons – voice any concerns to supervisor immediately
All operations for Bar Service Volunteers will be overseen in assigned bar areas of the festival.
After volunteers in this section have checked-in at Volunteer Village they will proceed to the Hillside Bar to meet with their Area Leader. Once there they will be trained and directed to their station. A volunteer leader will be present at all times to address any questions or concerns. Volunteers must sign-out at the Volunteer Village at the end of each shift.
*Use of personal devices (cell phones, iPods etc…) and consuming alcohol and/or food is strictly prohibited and can result in immediate removal from festival grounds and of festival privileges; attendants in Bar Services must refrain from alcohol consumption at least 90 minutes prior to the start of their shift*