Code of Conduct | Volunteer
The Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival strives to create a safe and fair atmosphere for all, and requires volunteers to adhere to the following Code of Conduct.
Please redirect any inquiries for statements to the press or media of any kind, coalition or lobbying efforts with other organizations, and any agreements involving contractual or other financial obligations to Festival Staff.
The Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival will enforce a zero tolerance policy with respect to the behaviors listed below. The Festival reserves the right to revoke on-site volunteer privileges, without notice, or to decline individuals from registering for future years if any of the following behaviors are observed while representing the festival:
- Excessive use of cellphones/electronics for personal use, while on duty. We understand things may arise in your personal life, but please do not use your phone/electronics when duties are to be done
- Consumption or possession of alcohol, intoxication, possession or use of drugs or illegal substances
- Smoking in violation of City of Ottawa bylaw
- Destruction of festival or park property
- Charging or accepting monies for any volunteer services, or self-promotion
- Failure to meet agreed upon objectives (not showing up for shifts, inability to complete duties, not checking in to volunteer tent & with Volunteer Leaders)
- Engage in media or press statements
- Inappropriate requests towards artists/entertainers, vendors, and exhibitors
- Insubordination or disrespect
- Breach of confidentiality: relaying or misusing confidential information that can possibly result in any detriment to any participant of the festival.
OTTAWA DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL NAMED AMONG FLIGHTNETWORK'S 40 OF THE BEST ARTS AND CULTURAL FESTIVALS IN NORTH AMERICA IN 2018
June 12, 2018 | We are excited to share that the Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival was named among Fl ...Read more...