Sue Holloway Cup
You train on the water, off the water, in the heat, in the cold (and far too often in the rain), you know what it takes to be a top athlete. As members of DBC your team is committed to pushing each other to cross that finish line first.
The inaugural year for the Sue Holloway Challenge Cup allows sport teams a chance to earn DBC qualifying points while striving for greatness in their sport, just as four-time Olympian, two time Olympic medalist and Canada Sports Hall of Famer, Sue Holloway achieved. Show everyone what hard work and dedication really looks like.
· Be a part of North America's largest dragon boat festival
· We provide everything you need (paddles and PFDs), oh and the boat too
· We'll show you how - two free practices with fun and knowledgeable coaches
· Decorate your 10x20' team site to compete for the best team site award or promote who you are what you do
Early Bird Rate: $1200 (25 spots available)
Snow Bird Rate: $1300 (25 spots available)
Regular Team Rate: $1400
Out of Town Rate: $995 (teams from outside 100km radius of Ottawa)
Teams registered in the following divisions: $850 (25 spots available)
- Accessibility Challenge Cup
- Breast Cancer Survivors Challenge Cup
- Community Challenge Cup
- Teams competing in the 2018 CCWC
- Youth Challenge Cup
Teams outside North America: FREE
Individual Registration: $50
- Entry into the Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival from June 21-24, 2018 (racing on June 23-24)
- Two team practices with certified coaches
- Opportunity for top fundraising teams to qualify to race in the Charity Challenge Cup
- Access to free concert series and onsite activities
- Opportunity to compete in various community and corporate divisions
- Team site to hang out between races; decorate to have fun or promote your business/organization
- Invitation for all team members to the Opening Ceremony and Parade of Champions
- Entry into team t-shirt, team site and team spirit competitions
- All equipment provided (boats, paddles, PFDs)
Mixed - must conform to Dragon Boat Canada Rules of Racing. For a standard boat, must be a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 10 paddlers of each gender.
Women - must conform to Dragon Boat Canada Rules of Racing, must be an all-female crew.
Open - must conform to Dragon Boat Canada Rules of Racing, no restrictions.
Teams may be comprised of 16-20 paddlers, 1 drummer, 1 steersperson and up to 6 spares (maximum roster of 28).
- Team Registration
- Team Login
- Important Resources
- Create & Manage a Team
- Challenge Cups
- Race Format & Schedule
- Tim Hortons Team Area
- Join a Team
- CCWC Teams
- Race Results
Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival, officially joined IDBP (International Dragon Boat Professional L ...Read more...