The Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival has a long history of supporting local talent, in pr ...Read more...
Site Operations (June 21-25, 2017) - Our stage crew works with our Production Manager to set up multiple stages on site. Volunteers in this section must provide their own steel toed boots. Position involves heavy lifting.
Responsibilities of the Staging Volunteers
- Assist in directing team participants through the team areas
- Load and unload participants from Dragon Boats before and after each race
- Prepare and organize teams for exit gate
- Help keep races on schedule
- Team counts, check for wristbands, check paddles for certified sticker
- Ensure paddles and PFDs belonging to the festival are not taken out of the staging area (some people will be using their own; those owned by dragon boat will have “GWN” written on them)
- Ensure the site remains free from litter