Emergency Services & Canadian Forces Challenge Cup
What is the Emergency Services & Canadian Forces Challenge Cup?
Working as a team, precision, strength and determination are all things that come to mind when you think of emergency services and our Canadian Armed Forces. Will the hours of training and drilling to perform as a single unit transfer onto to water where everyone is in sync flying across the water? Our Emergency Services & Canadian Armed Forces Challenge Cup gives you the chance to race against other units, divisions and departments where the best of the best will compete to cross the finish line first.
Past participants in the Emergency Services & Canadian Forces Challenge Cup have represented various components of the Canadian Armed Forces, police services and associations as well as fire services and associations.
Challenge Cup teams must have a minimum of 9 people racing from the designated cup category. For example, if you are entering the High Tech Challenge your team must have a minimum of 9 paddlers who are employed with the High Tech organization the team represents. Challenge Cups require a minimum of 3 teams so issue a challenge to your competition and get ready to beat them on the water!
· Be a part of North America's largest dragon boat festival
· We provide everything you need (paddles and PFDs), oh and the boat too
· We'll show you how - two free practices with fun and knowledgeable coaches
· Decorate your 10x20' team site to compete for the best team site award or promote who you are what you do
Early Bird Rate: $1200 (25 spots available)
Snow Bird Rate: $1300 (25 spots available)
Regular Team Rate: $1400
Out of Town Rate: $995 (teams from outside 100km radius of Ottawa)
Teams registered in the following divisions: $850 (25 spots available)
- Accessibility Challenge Cup
- Breast Cancer Survivors Challenge Cup
- Community Challenge Cup
- Teams competing in the 2018 CCWC
- Youth Challenge Cup
Teams outside North America: FREE
Individual Registration: $50
- Entry into the Tim Hortons Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival from June 21-24, 2018 (racing on June 23-24)
- Two team practices with certified coaches
- Opportunity for top fundraising teams to qualify to race in the Charity Challenge Cup
- Access to free concert series and onsite activities
- Opportunity to compete in various community and corporate divisions
- Team site to hang out between races; decorate to have fun or promote your business/organization
- Invitation for all team members to the Opening Ceremony and Parade of Champions
- Entry into team t-shirt, team site and team spirit competitions
- All equipment provided (boats, paddles, PFDs)
Mixed - must race with a minimum of 8 female paddlers.
Women - must race with all female paddlers, but can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
Open - teams are often comprised of primarily male paddlers, but females may also paddle. Open teams can have a drummer and/or steersperson of either gender.
Teams may be comprised of 16-20 paddlers, 1 drummer, 1 steersperson and up to 6 spares (maximum roster of 28).
- Team Registration
- Team Login
- Important Resources
- Create & Manage a Team
- Challenge Cups
- Race Format & Schedule
- Tim Hortons Team Area
- Join a Team
- CCWC Teams
- Race Results
Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival, officially joined IDBP (International Dragon Boat Professional L ...Read more...