The Dragon Boat Tradition, which originated in China over 2000 years ago, is now going global ...Read more...
Emergency Services & Canadian Forces Challenge Cup
What is the Emergency Services & Canadian Forces Challenge Cup?
Working as a team, precision, strength and determination are all things that come to mind when you think of emergency services and our Canadian Armed Forces. Will the hours of training and drilling to perform as a single unit transfer onto to water where everyone is in sync flying across the water? Our Emergency Services & Canadian Armed Forces Challenge Cup gives you the chance to race against other units, divisions and departments where the best of the best will compete to cross the finish line first.
Past participants in the Emergency Services & Canadian Forces Challenge Cup have represented various components of the Canadian Armed Forces, police services and associations as well as fire services and associations.
Challenge Cup teams must have a minimum of 9 people racing from the designated cup category. For example, if you are entering the High Tech Challenge your team must have a minimum of 9 paddlers who are employed with the High Tech organization the team represents. Challenge Cups require a minimum of 3 teams so issue a challenge to your competition and get ready to beat them on the water!
· Be a part of North America's largest dragon boat festival
· We provide everything you need (paddles and PFDs), oh and the boat too
· We'll show you how - two free practices with fun and knowledgeable coaches
· Decorate your 10x20' team site to compete for the best team site award or promote who you are what you do
- All equipment (boats, paddles, PFDs) for all 22 team members
- Practices with certified coaches
- Challenge Cups provide opportunity for friendly competition against other companies in your industry (see more details below)
- Team Site; decorate to have fun or promote your business/organization
- Opportunity to be a part of a community event giving back to local charities (over $4 million raised to date)
Team Registration Fees: $1400 (+HST = $1582)
Out of Town Team Registration Fees: $995 (+HST = $1124.35) – Available to teams from outside 100km radius of Ottawa
Individual Registration Fees: $50 (+HST = $56.50)
- Register a Team
- Team Login
- Important Resources
- Create & Manage a Team
- Challenge Cups
- Race Format & Schedule
- Tim Hortons Team Area
- Join a Team
- CCWC Qualifier
- Race Results
The Ottawa Dragon Boat Festival announces a partnership with The Embassy of the People’s Repu ...Read more...